Difficulty Finding Python Developers (me too!)

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Tue Apr 20 16:21:41 EDT 2004

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut wrote:
> We need someone to add graphics & GUI to an existing C program. The main
> program, graphics & GUI would be python/tKinter.

In that case, not only are you looking for a Python programmer,
but also one that does tkInter (which is an even smaller subset).
I would recommend not picking a GUI toolkit but instead letting
the Python programmer do it.  That way you may end up with a
Qt, GTK, wxPython or tkInter user interface, but it would be
better than having nothing.  You may also be able to split
your program in two and have a backend doing the all calculations
etc, and a front end that runs in a web browser, or uses XML-RPC
or something to show what is going on.

BTW I gave up on tkInter a few years ago because of its lack of
support for printing.  I now happily do everything in wxPython
and find it the best solution *for me* for doing apps that run
equally well on Windows, Linux and Mac.

Roger