Difficulty Finding Python Developers (me too!)

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut
Tue Apr 20 00:48:09 EDT 2004

Paul Morrow wrote:

> We've worked hard to convince our company to migrate our core
> applications to Python, and now we're looking for a Python developer
> in Atlanta to handle a short-term (approx. 3 month) project.  But our
> initial searches have been fairly unsuccessful.  We haven't actually
> posted a job on Monster, but we have been talking with various
> headhunters in our area and they don't have many resumes that show
> Python experience.  An so now, of course, mgt is wondering whether
> selecting Python was a mistake.
>
> As anyone had a similar experience?  Suggestions?

I'm also having trouble finding someone, although I'm looking for an
unpaid volunteer, so it is more to be expected.

This is part of an open source project at SourceForge.  The Python
program would have to call some methods that were compiled from C source
code.

We need someone to add graphics & GUI to an existing C program. The main
program, graphics & GUI would be python/tKinter.  The graphics would
show the path of a virtual sailboat, which has a robot at the helm. The
robot is actually an Artificial Neural Network (ANN).  We use
neuroevolution to discover a competent ANN yachtsman.

Visit the URL below to learn more; especially the sourceforge link.

Mitchell Timin

--
"Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in
pursuit of the goal." - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://annevolve.sourceforge.net is what I'm into nowadays.
Humans may write to me at this address: zenguy at shaw dot ca