ZWiki and FitTests (was Re: Richards bench benchmark)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Apr 25 08:23:47 EDT 2004

Michele Simionato wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<40899240.7020508 at engcorp.com>...
>
>>http://www.engcorp.com/main/projects/PyBench .
>> The above page is a wiki ...
>
> <remark having nothing to do with the original question>
>
> I see that you use ZWiki; I started using it few days ago
> and I like it. My question: did you succeed in getting
> the testing framework (http://www.zwiki.org/FitTests) to work?
> It seems it is very new and it does not work out of the box,
> at least for me. Alternatively, which Web-based test framework
> (Fitnless-like) would you suggest for Python?
>
> The question is of course open to everybody having expertise
> in the area.
> </remark having nothing to do with the original question>

I use ZWiki because four years ago when we tried to set up an
Intranet at Kaval, we got Zope and ZWiki working very easily
with little effort.

Then we tried to build on that, and improve things, and write
our own products, and we encountered what seemed like a very
tall and steep learning curve with Zope.  We never got a whole
lot further with it, but it remains for me one of the simplest
combinations of things available to get a wiki set up
quickly (i.e. a couple of minutes of work, post installation).

You'll notice, perhaps, that I'm using a fairly old version
of ZWiki.  I'm loath to update, at this point, partly because
"it's working" and partly because I try to make as few changes
as possible to anything we do with Zope, including attempting
to figure out how to get the "new" testing framework working.
(I say "new" because of course I'm now way behind the times
in this area and most others of Zope.)  I'm not particularly
surprised to hear that you didn't get it working yourself.

-Peter