Python Documentation Blows!

Chris Green cmg at dok.org
Wed Apr 7 09:34:47 EDT 2004

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> anton muhin wrote:
>
>> Maybe just start a wiki based on the current documentation? It
>> shouldn't be too difficult, should it?
>
> What part of http://wiki.wxpython.org/ is not adequate?

One problem wxpython's wiki seems to have is not enough time to
refactor it (coupled with the namespace changing from wxEVENT =>
wx.EVENT ) and lots of nodes being empty or partially duplicated.

What PHP seems to have over it is taking a full docset and then
allowing posts to refer to the documentation.

If there could be a "official manual" / commentary section with enough
people(!) to maintain the look and factor out poor hanging questions,
such a project would be very useful.  This is a pretty major task as
the part of wikis that make it easy to add a small bit of commentary
also make it hard to refactor into a coherent document.
--
Chris Green <cmg at dok.org>
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.