CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Paramjit Oberoi p_s_oberoi at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 23:42:48 EDT 2004

The problem comes down to the fact that variable names consist of
multiple words, and there is no standard way of combining multiple
words into one name.  But, what if the language was aware of this
fact?

If the language 'knew' that identifiers potentially consisted of
multiple words, maybe it could detect a few different kinds of
styles and automatically do the right thing?

Or maybe programmers could declare their own personal word-combiner,
sort of like a metaclass?

I'm not sure of this is a really good idea or a really bad one...

-param