Best IDE?

rakanishu projecktzero at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 15:47:58 EDT 2004

"Stevie_mac" <no.email at please.com> wrote in message news:<c5bg1k$25vq$1 at news.wplus.net>...
> This has prolly been asked 100 times - so please refrain from flaming if you can...
>
> What's the best MSwindows editor for python?  I'm currently using PythonWin (ActiveState) at the moment, its a bit
> buggy - but not too bad. I mean, its got autocomplete & tips & help & autoindentaion (not always good tho).
>
> Thing is, I'm sure there is something better. Is there?
>
> (is there a VS.NET addin?)

You might take a look at Activestate to see about a .NET add-in.

Also, Activestate has Komodo which isn't too bad. It's like PythonWin
on steroids.

A lot of people seem to like JEdit. It runs on nearly any platform
that can run Java. I've done a little bit of HTML editing using it. It
seem pretty good.

I don't know if I'd call 'em IDEs but it's worth taking the time to
learn either emacs or vim. Both are very powerful editors that run on
multiple platforms. I tried emacs three times, but couldn't get into
it. I'm now getting hooked on vim. YMMV.

Others that I've heard good things about are Eclipse and Scite.