Goodbye TCL

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 16 12:22:21 EDT 2004

    Stephen> I would be curious to know what is the biggest-capacity Python
    Stephen> network application in use?  How does it scale in comparison
    Stephen> with AOLServer?  Any ideas?

Off the top of my head I have no concrete examples, but you might want to
skim these pages:

    http://www.twistedmatrix.com/services/success
    http://pythonology.org/success
    http://www.python-in-business.org/success/
    http://www.python.org/Quotes.html
    http://www.zope.org/Resources/ZopePowered/

I believe people find solutions using the twisted framework scale very well.

There's obviously some significant overlap between those pages (Google, ILM
and NASA pop up multiple times), and clearly not all of them are using
Python to develop large-scale websites but there are lots of interesting
entries in a number of fields.

the-whole-world-isn't-yet-a-website-ly, y'rs,

Skip