Tkinter vs. wxPython?

Doug Holton insert at spam.here
Tue Apr 27 14:12:54 EDT 2004

SeeBelow at SeeBelow.Nut wrote:

> Do many people think that wxPython should replace Tkinter?  Is this
> likely to happen?
>
> I ask because I have just started learning Tkinter, and I wonder if I
> should abandon it in favor of wxPython.

Could you share a little more info, like are you new to GUI programming,
what platform do you develop on (windows, mac, linux), and what features
do you need for your application.

If you this is your first time using a GUI toolkit I'd recommend
sticking with Tkinter.  It is simpler to use and there is much more and
better documentation since it has been a standard part of Python for a
long time.

But myself I use wxPython because it has more features.