AOP use cases

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Apr 16 10:01:35 EDT 2004

Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> What are good usage examples?

I would be very interested to hear some real-world and real useful
use cases for AOP as well.  So far, the logging example seems to
be put forth so often that I'm starting to suspect that's the
*only* "useful" thing people are doing with it. :-)

 From direct personal experience, could some AOP folks please
point out some compelling use cases so that the doubting
Thomases (and Wills, and Peters) can better understand and
accept the idea of AOP as being more than just a few fringe
cases?

(The logging one actually annoys me: the only time I've ever
wanted such logging was when debugging very complicated problems,
and since switching to TDD I have never encountered anything
that even remotely made me consider writing such logging wrappers
again.)

-Peter