if (__name__ == '__main__'): main(sys.argv[1:])

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Apr 22 06:17:20 EDT 2004

François Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> A word about the `__metaclass__' line.  My intent is to forget all about
> classic classes and go with the new type system as quickly as possible.
> I do not want to derive each and every of my classes from `object',
> and later edit all those `(object)' out when the classic classes will
> effectively get deprecated.

Why would you do that?  Even if you don't inherit from object
explicitly (eg. what you do) object is still a base class.

I don't like using a __metaclass__ global because it's a non-local
effect.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I never disputed the Perl hacking skill of the Slashdot creators.
  My objections are to the editors' taste, the site's ugly visual