Difficulty Finding Python Developers

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Apr 16 18:31:50 EDT 2004

Paul Morrow wrote:
>> And in case my point was unclear: the OP asked about something
>> which seemed like a very simple experimental project to get their
>> feet wet with Python.
>
> It is somewhat of an experiment, but the application is to be used in an
> actual production system.  The experiment is to see how viable Python
> outsourcing is in our area, in the event the inhouse developers get
> swamped and we need help fast...

Heh heh! :-)  That pretty much eliminates the approach some
of us suggested to have an in-house developer pick up Python
quickly to do the job.

(It doesn't, I think, change the fact that you shouldn't necessarily
be insisting on hiring a "Python programmer", but clearly you will
need to mention that the work will involve programming in Python...)

-Peter