AOP use cases

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Thu Apr 22 12:24:10 EDT 2004

hwlgw at hotmail.com (Will Stuyvesant) writes:

> What they DO show is code in Java that solves Java problems, usually
> to do with the limitations imposed by the static typing system.

You might enjoy the first bullet in the conclusions of the following:

  http://www.cs.uni-bonn.de/~costanza/dynfun.pdf

(Those of you not allergic to parentheses might find it interesting
reading thoughout.)

> I have come to the conclusion that AOP is nothing more than what I
> expect from a decent programmer: a good, or at least reasonable,
> design of software in the first place.

I think there is _potentially_ more to it than that. I think that
languages can provide direct assistance with this goal. The quality,
weight, usefullnes and hype of this support varies greatly with the
language in question, of course.