module not callable - why not?

Jack Diederich jack at performancedrivers.com
Mon Apr 19 14:06:22 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:02:51AM -0700, Hung Jung Lu wrote:
> "Robert Brewer" <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.750.1082328613.20120.python-list at python.org>...
> > Josiah Carlson wrote:
> > > Singletons aren't nearly as prevalent as you seem to believe.
> > > ... Truth be told, I've used singletons before, but only once.
> >
> > I thought I had twice,
> > But now I can see there was
> > Only one instance.
>
> Ha. As I have said, "singleton pattern" is symptom of a disease. But
> the concept of "singleton" itself, that is, a unique instance of a
> class, is ubiquitous. Just about any decent-size program that you
> write will have lots of singletons: classes that have one single
> instance. Therefore, you have used singletons tons of times. You just
> have not followed recipes for "singleton pattern", which is good,
> because it is symptom of a disease.

Yes, as you've said many times.  It may be language barrier but your
posts about everyone else being completely wrong and dumb aren't
winning you any converts.  I'm glad you like prototype based languages,
and have fun working on Prothon.  Until it becomes more than vaporware
(eg, finished compiler and used successfully in a project) it can't
be more than a better idea.  Since I need to actually get some work
done I'll stick with python.

-jackdied