module not callable - why not?

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 13:02:51 EDT 2004

"Robert Brewer" <fumanchu at amor.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.750.1082328613.20120.python-list at python.org>...
> Josiah Carlson wrote:
> > Singletons aren't nearly as prevalent as you seem to believe.
> > ... Truth be told, I've used singletons before, but only once.
>
> I thought I had twice,
> But now I can see there was
> Only one instance.

Ha. As I have said, "singleton pattern" is symptom of a disease. But
the concept of "singleton" itself, that is, a unique instance of a
class, is ubiquitous. Just about any decent-size program that you
write will have lots of singletons: classes that have one single
instance. Therefore, you have used singletons tons of times. You just
have not followed recipes for "singleton pattern", which is good,
because it is symptom of a disease.

regards,

Hung Jung