Is classless worth consideration

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Apr 29 22:20:57 EDT 2004

has wrote:

> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<MbWdnTRxROYvZg3dRVn-uw at powergate.ca>...
>
>>has wrote:
>>>Well, as far as Python itself is concerned, it'd go a long way in
>>>eliminating the hideously baroque and increasingly brittle OO model it
>>
>>I find it especially hard to find the enthusiasm to read past
>>the highly inflammatory phrase "hideously baroque".  I had to
>>do a double-take just to confirm that the poster is indeed
>>talking about Python.
>
> Compared to C++, I expect it's a real breath of fresh air. But
> compared to how something like Self does OO, it is indeed hideously
> baroque.

Oh, now you're qualifying the statement.  In comparison to
something less baroque, it's baroque.  Fair enough...

But at least you say what you think.  That counts for
something. :-)

-Peter

P.S. You've got an art background, I've got an engineering
background, neither of us has a CS background.  Maybe that
ought to tell us how well we're likely to communicate about
software and we can just stop here. ;-)