Kuhlman's tutorials pretty good

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Thu Apr 15 15:12:05 EDT 2004

Fred Ma wrote:

[snip]

>> However, in looking over 201, I see some scrambling of source
>> code examples, vs. surrounding text, e.g. when he's getting into
>> regular expressions, some of the examples have nothing to do with
>> the explanations that follow.
>> Notably sections 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5.  2.6 is mostly OK except:
>>
>> """
>> Put together a new string with string concatenation from pieces
>> of the original string and replacement values. You can use string
>> slices to get the sub-strings of the original string. In our
>> case, the following gets the start of the string, adds the first
>> replacement, adds the middle of the original string, adds the
>> second replacement, and finally, adds the last part of the
>> original string:
>>
>> lineDef = delimitedList(fieldDef)
>> """
>
> Yes, they seem rearranged.  I'm not sure what Dr. Kuhlman's time
> is like, but his tutorials are very good, and thus of great value
> Python newbies everywhere.  ;)

Whoa!  How did all that happen?  I believe I tried one too many
fancy things in TeX/LaTeX, which is definitely not my native
language.

I've simplified a few things in the source document, and I believe
that these errors are fixed, now.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.  Also, thanks for the
compliments.

Dave

--
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman