Simple discussion of python cgi approaches?

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Tue Apr 13 06:29:44 EDT 2004

Am Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:27:58 -0700 schrieb Kylotan:

[cut]

> All I want is a short description on the technologies that very
> closely resemble standard CGI, what they have to offer me, and what
> sort of alterations I would have to make to my installation or code in
> order to use these. Does such a comparison exist already? If not, is
> anybody able to comment on their own experiences with Python CGI apps?

Hi,

I started with Zope in 2001. This is very different
than CGI. Then I switched to quixote. It is very much
like CGI. Every HTTP-Request results in an method call
which gets an request object as argument.

In my situation it is enough to run quixote with plain cgi
(no SCGI, mod_python, ...): About three request per minute.
bottleneck.

HTH,
 Thomas