[OT] Keyboard layout, was Re: Dollar sign ($) on foriegn keyboards? (prothon)

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Tue Apr 20 09:10:59 EDT 2004

Peter Maas wrote:

> Peter Otten wrote:
>> In Germany every serious programmer has to switch to the American
>  > layout anyway because of {}[]@\~| (all odd AltGr combinations).
>
> Oh, I didn't know that. Fortunately I'm not a serious programmer. ;)

I hate people being apodictic - even myself.
But I never felt comfortable with AltGr, so it was a great relief when I
learned about switching kezboard lazouts and well worth the occasional y-z
glitch. By the way, I once came across a whole book that had these
characters swapped.

Maybe my fingers just didn't grow in the right place to press AltGr+9
simultaneously, but somehow I can't see how that makes me the member of a
minority.

Mit freundlichen Gr[-en :-)

Peter