Problem with PY2EXE and VPython

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Apr 27 14:27:32 EDT 2004

Bruce, I could not reply to the private mail you sent me (some permanent
error at the mail server), so here it goes:

Bruce Peterson writes:

> Thomas
>    Thanks -- here are the files in the distribution directory created
>    by PY2EXE for tower of Hanoi demo.
> cvisual.dll
> datetime.pyd
> DDRAW.dll
> dirlist.txt
> GLU32.dll
> hanoi.exe
> library.zip
> multiarray.pyd
> OPENGL32.dll
> python23.dll
> umath.pyd
> w9xpopen.exe
> _numpy.pyd
> _sre.pyd

Bruce, you should at least remove these files from the dist dir, and
make sure in other ways that opengl and direct draw (is this directX, or
how it's called?)  is installed on the target system:

> DDRAW.dll
> GLU32.dll
> OPENGL32.dll

I'm not sure where cvisual.dll comes from.  (10 seconds later, after
googling around: ah, it's from VPython, so it must stay).

The other files are Python extensions.

Thomas