Difficulty Finding Python Developers

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 17 19:37:43 EDT 2004

Paul Morrow <pm_mon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> For those who've asked...
>
> This particular project is essentially a web-based registration
> application.  We'll probably want to use mod_python to serve the
> pages, and Oracle for the database backend.  It will have things like
> a white-paper area that requires registration to access, an opt-in/out
> email component, and the like.
>
> But we do want the developer to be physically here (in Atlanta).

"3-month" usually means "Summer student", because it indicates that you
want lots of staff turnover.  So, university, college, or high school
comes to mind.  In fact, go to your local High School, hire couple of
script kiddies, and teach them Python.  You'll probably get more result
out of them, and cheaper too.

Also, if you post some kind of "open competition", say
    1. $5000 for a script to get HTML form data, format them, and ...
    2. $2000 for ...
    3. $1000 for ...
you might get more response.  Here, you are concentrating on result, and
not on tools.  This is because your client pays you for getting the job
done, and not for using Python.

cc: OP

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
Linux solution/training/migration, Thin-client