Using python23 to develop an extension for an application that has python22 embedded

John Underwood johnbunderwood at yahoo.ca
Mon Apr 5 15:04:32 EDT 2004

Can I use python23_d and python23 to develop an extension for a
commercial application uses python22.dll? (Providing that I do not use
any new features found only in 2.3.)

I would bulld version 2.2 but I am having trouble doing this with
Visual Studio .NET Standard. (There is a well documented problem with
version 2.2 (involving largeint.h) and VS.NET but none of the
solutions that I found have worked.)

On the other hand, I have successfully built release and debug
versions of pythoncore with VS.NET.

Thanks