Python 4 - Was: Ideas for Python 3

David MacQuigg dmq at gain.com
Fri Apr 30 19:58:21 EDT 2004

I'm starting a new sub-thread. Warning: Don't venture into this one if
you can't stretch your imagination a little.  What I'm looking for
here is ideas for the ideal Python-like language that will make
less-experienced users happy.  To me, that means making Python
simpler, not necessarily more powerful.

I've got some ideas for how to handle the classes vs classless thing.
See the "Python4" document at http://ece.arizona.edu/~edatools/Python
Mainly, I want to keep classes, because I see them as very useful in
most programs, where a "two-tier" organization is helpful.  But I also
think I understand the needs of those who don't want a two-tier
organization.  Seems like the answer is to make classes optional.

Comments are welcome.  Suggestions are even better.

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD              * email:  dmq at gain.com      *  *
* IC Design Engineer               * phone:  USA 520-721-4583  *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *