Is Perl *that* good? (was: How's ruby compare to it older bro

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Apr 27 15:19:33 EDT 2004

In article <c6kps2$cnung$1 at ID-169208.news.uni-berlin.de>,
Greg Ewing  <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

>I suspect that, 20 years from now, there will still be a language
>called Python, and it will still be quietly and unobtrusively kicking
>all its competitors' backsides.
>
>Whether it will bear any resemblance to the Python of today is another
>matter...

Heh.  Something like twenty years ago, a family friend pontificated that
in the year 2000, there would be a computer language.  He didn't know
what it would look like, but he did know that it would be called FORTRAN.

"I used to have a .sig but I found it impossible to please everyone..."  --SFJ