pythonwin crash (used to work) - please help quick.

Richard James rmb25612 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 15:58:06 EDT 2004

"Stevie_Mac" <no.email at please.com> wrote in message news:<c5dp0j$2egt$1 at news.wplus.net>...
> I think seen somthing like this on net somewhere when i was searching.
>
> So if I understand this, a python GUI can't debug a script that uses code
> from any other GUI implementation (like wx for example)?
>
> If so, dang! Whats my options - different IDE - or - no debug!
>
> wait, im sure when I tried to run the script direct (through python and
> pythonw) it still bombed - but in pyShell it didn't - hows that?
>
> Stevie_Mac :confused:

If you are still desperate and can't find something and if you don't
mind using old fashioned print statements to debug your code. I like
to use the SciTE editor.

http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

A nice version by Bruce Dodson with Windows Installer and extra tools.
http://gisdeveloper.tripod.com/scite.html

You enter your code in one panel, press F5 to run, and Scite captures
the program's print statement output and Python errors in a second
panel.
Edit code errors and repeat. Note: Press Shift F5 to clear output
panel.

-- R.J.