pythonwin crash (used to work) - please help quick.

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 12 08:24:53 EDT 2004

Stevie_Mac:

> So if I understand this, a python GUI can't debug a script that uses code
> from any other GUI implementation (like wx for example)?

   The problems often occur when a GUI debugger is trying to run in the same
process as the target and there are clashes.

> If so, dang! Whats my options - different IDE - or - no debug!

   Running the target in another process as is done by some debuggers is
often more robust. IIRC, the current version of Idle, HAP Debugger, Wing
IDE, and Komodo can work in this manner. I'd recommend having a look at HAP
Debugger which works on Windows, is free and fairly simple. Then if you need
something more comprehensive look at the commercial products.

   Neil