[OT] Top posting is a PITA

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Thu Apr 1 06:37:00 EST 2004

>Given the time this must leave you to read, understand, and
>thoughtfully reply to any given article ... I'll let you draw your own
>conclusions about what effect this might have on the quality of your
>contributions.

Actually I'm a major contributor to many lists. Obviously I just watch
most. Or decide a thread interests me at random points in whichI decide
to follow a list more closely for a few days. Also obvious, it's not
always the threads that have actual value that interest me.. since I've
participated in this one. I'm just amused to see this same argument
repeated pointlessly year after year.

>... yup, if you are really not interested in _understanding_ what is
>going on, then top-posting is for you.

I understand by having read the thread and remembered it. If I need a
context hint I can peek below but that is usually only needed with
complex interwoven threads. Which isn't the majority.. which is why I
think top-posting is good for a majority of messages but inline
bottom-posting is good other times. Use what is best for the given message.