CamelCase versus wide_names (Prothon)

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Apr 20 03:44:56 EDT 2004

Lothar Scholz wrote:

> "Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> wrote in message news:<UHxfc.9323$dZ1.3740 at fed1read04>...

> After writing a few hundert thousands lines of code in Eiffel and a
> few ten thousands lines in Java i must say that lowercase wide_names
> are much much better to read. Someone else already mentioned this
> problem:
>
>    smtp_message <-> SMTPMessage <-> SmtpMessage

I would like to add that while I started out being enthisiastic about
camelcase I have switched to using wide names for variable and attributes.

So my code mostly looks like

class ThisIsAClass

     thisIsAMethod()

         this_is_a_variable

         self.and_a_paramater

But lately I have noticed that i am switching to wide names for methods too.

This has not been a concious choice, just the way I have come to like
it. So I guess that my favourite is wide names.

regards Max M