Stackless Website down, Project gone, I'm dead.

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Thu Apr 1 23:23:39 EST 2004

Christian Tismer wrote:
> On Mach 31st, some bad intruder has broken into our CVS
> server. (S)he has replaced all of our files by some
> dummy entries. This was quite bad, since the new Stackless
> developer group was happily hacking on after the sprint,
> March 10-14, and we were updating CVS on a very frequent basis.
>
> As a result, all sources of Stackless Python are totally lost, now.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Christian.

> Since I always was a very emotion driven guy, I thought this
> was the right situation to say good-bye to you all. My life
> is ending, soon, and so is my project. We could try to find some
> backups, but I do say NO!, Please, do appropriate cleanup!
>
> The evil truth of real life has told me where my path is headed
> to. Please make no attempt to revive Stackless. It is completely
> dead, and I'm going to take it with me into my cold, lonely grave.
>
> I have spent the rest of my time on it, and now I want to rest
> on it, since my time is over. So please avoid to mention it
> any longer, not in news, not in interviews, and *please*
> absolutely don't use it!!!
> Stackless is gone, Tismer is gone, and this is good, since I
> already have told you all the lies that I could tell you in a
> lifetime.
>
> Rest In Peace forever with   -- Stackfull Python --

Christian,

I hope I'm hearing your words as worse than you mean them. I haven't
been on this list for long, but I've quickly learned to appreciate your
ingenuity, experience, and determination. I was going to tell you today
I ended up using your solution to my recent deduping problem
(sufficiently molded to my existing code, of course ;)--I really
appreciate your help with that!

If Stackless is truly gone, I pray you are able to find a new project or
group where you feel truly useful.

Hang in there,

Robert Brewer
MIS