Best IDE?

A. Lloyd Flanagan alloydflanagan at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 13:36:47 EDT 2004

"Stevie_mac" <no.email at please.com> wrote in message news:<c5bg1k$25vq$1 at news.wplus.net>...
> This has prolly been asked 100 times - so please refrain from flaming if you can...
>
> What's the best MSwindows editor for python?  I'm currently using PythonWin

I use Emacs.  I keep trying new editors because emacs is hard to learn
and I'd like to use Python as a scripting language.  Then I find that
one feature or another I depend on in emacs can't be done, or not
easily, and I'm back to emacs.
Emacs is an extremely powerful editor which is able to integrate well
with the python interpreter and debugger.  There used to be a separate
version for Windows, but you can now get it from the same site as the
other versions:
http://www.gnu.org/directory/devel/editors/emacs.html