Pygame

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Thu Apr 15 05:47:15 EDT 2004

John Roth wrote:
> What I don't find is support for specialty application areas.
> Games are a specialty application area.

The name pygame is IMHO misleading. It's applicable beyond games.

> > Python is supposed to be "batteries included", but still hasn't got native
> > support for fullscreen graphics.
>
> Pygame is layered on top of SDL, which in turn is layered on
> top of Open GL.

SDL is not layered on top of OpenGL. I think it's exactly the other way
around. I use Pygame a lot and I don't have OpenGL installed.

Gerrit.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 15/04 11:25:
	16.0°C Clear sky clear wind 3.1 m/s SSE (57 m above NAP)