Is Perl *that* good? (was: How's ruby compare to it older brother python)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Apr 26 09:52:51 EDT 2004

In article <iL3jc.232$Yc.2330 at news4.e.nsc.no>,
Leif B. Kristensen <junkmail at solumslekt.org> wrote:
			.
>getting dynamic HTML pages up and running quickly. Perl is great for
>its string-handling abilities. (On my Web pages, I actually call a Perl
>script from PHP precisely for this reason.)
			.
			.
			.
I hear this more often than I understand it.  Perl certainly
does support many string-oriented operations.  What's a speci-
fic example, though, of an action you feel more comfortable
coding in external Perl?  I suspect there's something I need
to learn about PHP's deficiencies, or Perl's power.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net