OT: Americans love their guns

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Fri Sep 5 22:52:54 EDT 2003

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters <mertz at gnosis.cx> writes:

> And should you be mugged on the street by a stranger, your chance of
> walking away dead (rather than just with less money), are MANY times
> higher if you pull a gun on your assailant.

Just to contribute to the topic drift...

I was mugged at gunpoint in the early 90's. I complied with my
nervous-seeming assailant and even helped him get my watchband
unbuckled. The police officer I talked to later said, "Good thing, or
I might be filing my report from the morgue."

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')