py2exe copies to much dlls

Anand Pillai pythonguy at Hotpop.com
Thu Sep 4 13:34:14 EDT 2003

py2exe finds module paths by parsing your python source file.
I think it also uses the PYTHONPATH environmenet variable.
So if your PYTHONPATH contains $PYTHON/lib-tk (which it normally
does), py2exe will copy the tcl/tk dlls too into the build
directory, which are needed for tkinter.

Try editing the PYTHONPATH variable and remove the lib-tk
directory from it.

HTH

-Anand