Drag and drop in Tkinter. How difficult is it?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Sep 4 05:14:08 EDT 2003

In article <ApGdnUgAC6p1AMuiU-KYuA at comcast.com>,
Marc <losnations at comcast.net> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I was thinking about developing a drag and drop application and was curious
>how difficult it is to do. Basically I want to have a set of objects that I
>move around the screen and drop into place.
			.
			.
			.
LOTS of applications--several I've written, I
know--do this sort of thing.  You'll need to
learn about bind(), and most likely the events
  <1>
  <B1-Motion>
  <ButtonRelease-1>
in particular:  you'll teach <1> to start a
drag, <B1-Motion> to display the dragged object
moving around the screen, and <ButtonRelease-1>
to finish the drop.

Have you read <URL: http://
groups.google.com/groups?as_q=drag+drop+tkinter&as_ugroup=comp.lang.python >?
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net