Download to client from a cgi script?

Matthew Wilson mwilson at sarcastic-horse.com
Sun Sep 21 16:24:22 EDT 2003

If you want to trigger the browser to ask 'save this file?' then you
gotta pass it a Content-Type that will trigger that.

At the top of your cgi script, get rid of 'Content-Type: text/html\n\n'
and replace it with 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream' or
something like that.

This page:

http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/content-type.html

describes some IE bugs.  Good luck!  If you figure it all out, can you
post a message back here for future reference?