safari

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Fri Sep 5 04:07:10 EDT 2003

news:<elC5b.11632$hE5.410636 at news1.tin.it>...
> > Even ignoring safari's many other advantages
>
> Safari is definitely a useful service (I am a subscriber) but
> 1. its range of titles is quite limited (only best-sellers)

It is *very* limited; though I think all or O'Reilly's books are in it (and
MicrosoftPress and SAMS) there is little more; they advertise Addison
Wesley, but there is only a fraction of their books.

> 2. the time lag between release as hardcopy vs. on Safari can be really
long

3. It *is* expensive in the long run, except you have a *very* broad
interest in multiple aspects of computer science.

Kindly
Michael P
(also a subscriber)