"Python Redesign" (fwd)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Sep 8 13:41:55 EDT 2003

In article <TsmdnYgCScjFEsGiU-KYgw at comcast.com>,
Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>"John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> wrote in message
>news:87fzj7cvbv.fsf at pobox.com...
>>
>> It seems fairly clear by now that the purpose of the mockup was to
>
>What we were directed to was *not* a mockup (model), but an image of a
>mockup.  That mislabeling was a source of misunderstanding which
>generated part of the criticism.  Please let us keep the useful
>distinction between a thing and an image of the thing.

And I'll repeat that in addition to Peter's valid point about differing
definitions of mockups, Tim was not the person who pointed "us" at it.
This has been an out-of-context review of a draft.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz