"Python Redesign" (fwd)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Sep 8 11:26:37 EDT 2003

Terry Reedy wrote:

> "John J. Lee" <jjl at pobox.com> wrote in message
> news:87fzj7cvbv.fsf at pobox.com...
> > It seems fairly clear by now that the purpose of the mockup was to
>
> What we were directed to was *not* a mockup (model), but an image of a
> mockup.  That mislabeling was a source of misunderstanding which
> generated part of the criticism.  Please let us keep the useful
> distinction between a thing and an image of the thing.

There is no such hard-and-fast definition of "mockup".  You used
one interpretation, and a valid one at that, others have a different one,
equally valid.

I do lots of prototyping and mocking-up of things and I see no
difficulty in calling either approach a "mockup".  For those of you
who, perhaps, don't deal with mockups much, please understand that
the term really just means "this is not the real thing, but exists
to encourage and assist discussion", and nothing more.

-Peter