Redesign of Python site

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Sep 7 02:32:21 EDT 2003

"rt lange" <whiteywidow at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Xns93EEDC144D362whiteywidowyahoocom at 216.77.188.17...
> came across this page searching feedster.
> dont know whether this is the official resdesign or just a proposal;
> but the mockups look very nice.

YUCK< YUCK< YUCK.

> http://www.pollenation.net/journal/index.php?p=37&c=1
>
> main page mockup:
> http://www.pollenation.net/assets/public/python-main.html

The old site is very readable.  Using IE6, I need a magnifying glass
to read this page.  This is done in the arrogant style of 'we know
better than you what type size you should have'.  Also known as the
'control the user experience' school.  Awful.  For me, one of the
worse pages I have ever seen.  Anti-Pythonic.

> interior page:
> http://www.pollenation.net/assets/public/python-interior.html

Only slightly better.  The low contrast gray-on-gray comments page is
also barely readable.  (Others reported the same.)  For my
less-than-perfect 50+ year-old eyes, it is physically the WORST
comments page I have ever seen.  It is a case study in
anti-accessibility design.  The person responsible should not touch
our site.

Terry J. Reedy

Terry J. Reedy

only slightly better.