Eureka! (Re: Comments on Python Redesign)

Graham Fawcett fawcett at teksavvy.com
Mon Sep 8 01:02:21 EDT 2003

Y2KYZFR1 wrote:

>"Tim Parkin" <tim.parkin at pollenationinternet.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1062962051.23295.python-list at python.org>...

[snip]

>>also
>>it's designed to project an image to set Python alongside existing
>>enterprise programming langagues (apologies for using the e word)
>>

>try picking a web site that is useable over the graphical corporate
>fluff for the home page.
>
>then put a big obvious link that says, NON-TECHNICAL PEOPLE THAT WANT
>PYTHIN INFORMATION CLICK THIS! or some such thing.

Here. I think I've solved the problem once and for all.

Rather than throw stones, I have created a *brand new design* design for
Python.org. I am certain that will satisfy both the technical users and
the suit-wearing investigators. It borrows the time-honoured stylings of
the old Python site, and blends them with some upscale business moxy.

Take a look:

http://tinyurl.com/mlcv

Sorry, there's no comments page. Please send your opinions to the
marketing SIG.

P.S. It's not an image! Feel free to check out my kewl HTML coding
skills. I used CSS and everything.

Yours,

-- Graham