irritating problem

Jeremy Dillworth jwdillworth at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 16:00:23 EDT 2003

You could create a shortcut to python.exe, then modify the
shortcut, adding your script to the command line.

I'm pretty sure windows will view Python.exe as a "DOS" program,
so it in the shortcut properties box it'll have like 5 tabs
or so.  One of them should contain a checkbox which reads something
like 'close DOS box when finished'.  Unless MS has change that dialog
in XP....

Sorry, my windoze skills are a little rusty :)

Another option might be to write a script like this:

import os, sys
f = open('outfile.txt', 'w')
for item in os.environ.items() + sys.path:
    print>>f, item
f.close()

Run the script in the 3 ways you mentioned (changing name of outfile.txt
in between runs) and then check for differences in the 3 files generated.

My guess would be it's something with sys.path, but you might
as well check environ was well :)