spyce hangs on 'file not found'

Nowan nowan.noware at nohowe.net
Mon Sep 8 14:40:09 EDT 2003

> Works fine, except when I attempt to read a nonexistent file.  In other
> words, I go after /template/stuff.html but stuff.html doesn't exist.
>
> Ordinary CGIs work correctly, meaning Apache correctly handles a 'file
> not found'
>
> Spyce works differently.  The browser hangs.  My CPU utilization goes to
> 100% and I get a runaway python process I can't kill, even as
> administrator.
>
> Any suggestions?  A python bug or a spyce bug?  Reading the source for
> either is way beyond my level now?  Known problem? Workaround?
>
> Anyone know how I can kill the runaway python process?

Still looking at this. I see from the spyce doc that spyce has special
error codes spyceNotFound, spyceError and spyceForbidden, which
obviously correspond to the Apache NotFound, SystemError and Forbidden
error codes, (404, 500, etc).

Perhaps I need to configure something to trap spyceNotFound, so that it
doesn't go into an hung state?

Does anybody use Spyce?