python script as an emergency mailbox cleaner

Phil Weldon pweldon at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 21 08:26:27 EDT 2003

Inboxer for Outlook is a plugin written with Python that will analyze
collections of what you consider legitimate e-mail and and what you consider
illegitimate e-mail.  I downloaded it and ran it against a collection of
1500 messages generated by the Worm.Automat.AHB and 265 the latest
legitimate e-mails I've received.  After the analysis, Inboxer has detected
about 250 Worm.Automat.AHB generated messages with no false negatives and no
false positives (granted there were only three new legitimate e-mails.

Phil Weldon

news:G6Zab.127313$R32.3854946 at news2.tin.it...