Problems with setting up mod_python and Apache

John Dean john at rygannon.com
Thu Sep 11 11:54:33 EDT 2003

Hi Steve
Thank you very much for your reply
Funnily enough I sorted out Apache problem before reading you post. Thanks
all the same.
I have mod_python working like a dream. So now in to the hard part. I hope
you won't mind if I explain. The project I am working on, Rekall, contains
serveral WSYWIG designers. Two of these designers are of particular interest
for what I have in mind - the Form and Report Designers. Form and Report
definitions are stored in XML format either as a file in the file system or
in a SQL Database. The basic idea is to load a string object with the form
or report definition. Then using Pythons XML DOM module build a HTML
document plus the required SQL query string(s). If it is a form then we'll
will need to build both the HTML data input form and the backend form
processor. I guess this will need a publisher handler. I expect Reports to
be a lot easier, but since I am talking about several report output during a
single session I suppose I will need to get my head around dynamic handlers.
Now that's frightening

--
Best Regards
John