Python factoids... after 3 three years.

Geoff Howland ghowland at lupineNO.SPAMgames.com
Fri Oct 10 12:10:47 EDT 2003

On 09 Oct 2003 19:47:13 -0400, Nick Vargish
<nav+posts at bandersnatch.org> wrote:

>Larry goodman <larry_Goodman at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Python is wonderful but its missing one thing.  A really good IDE that
>> includes a usable forms designer.  God I wish Borland would make a
>> python IDE.
>
>Have you looked at Komodo from ActiveState? I haven't used the GUI
>builder, which seems to be an important componenet for you, but the
>Pro version does include one. Of the features that I have used, I've
>been impressed with Komodo -- though at heart I'm more an Emacs person
>than an IDE person.

I really like Komodo.  I initially bought their Visual Python plugin
for VS7 and liked it, but due to some problems I had to switch to
Komodo for a while.  I never switched back because I ended up liking
working in Komodo better.

It also works on Linux, though there are a few shortcuts missing in
the debugging but otherwise it is complete.  (Hint hint ActiveState,
put in CTRL+F5 to run immediately, and F10 to start.  Why not have
them all?)

I've never used their Tk builder thing, since I think wxPython is the
way to go.  (Againt, Hint hint ActiveState)

-Geoff Howland
http://ludumdare.com/