PyNumber_Int screwing Object.

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Oct 6 06:15:08 EDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:36:26 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote:
[...]
>You can never skip these checks.  Even if you don't think an error "should
>be" possible, an error is possible (for example, virtually any call can
>return an error code due to malloc() running out of memory 10 levels deep).

A thought -- is there any guarantee that there will be enough memory to
process an oom exception?

Could there be an app-accessible s/w lever somewhere that one could kick over
for reserve memory (assuming getting to the exception handler is guaranteed),
like my old VW bug used to have?

It would sputter and lunge when I "ran out" of gas on the freeway to work,
and I'd just kick the little black lever on the firewall over 90 degrees,
and sputter, lunge, continue (don't want to forget the state of that lever though ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter