best GUI toolkit for python: tkinter, wxPython or what?

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Thu Oct 30 11:50:31 EST 2003

> I would have to say that although Tkinter is easy to use, the look and
> feel of the finished product is a little agricultural, particularly on
> the Windows platform.  If you can stretch a little, then I would go
> for wxPython which has a richer set of widgets and looks much more
> professional.  I have written a couple of apps with Tkinter and moved
> on to wx.  I have been much more satisfied with the final appearance
> of the wx apps.

Simon (and others),

If you have particular examples of where the look&feel of Tkinter
was causing you problems, it would be great to hear about them.
As you may know, there is an effort underway to modernize Tk (which
underlies Tkinter), both in terms of updating the appearance of
the existing widgets, and adding additional widgets.

More info here: http://tcl.projectforum.com/tk/

Mark