%1 is not a valid Win32 application?

Christopher Koppler klapotec at chello.at
Fri Oct 10 02:14:22 EDT 2003

Mark Space <mark_space44 at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<voc786o8hfmlb0 at corp.supernews.com>...
> Update #2:
>
> Renamed the extension yet again, this time to .py.  Mozilla seems to
> recognize this as a text file and displays it, but IIS still doesn't
> seem to catch the .py rule I added to the IIS Admin properties.  The
> script is still not being executed.
>
> Win2K Pro, IIS 5.0.  SP4 and current on all updates.
>
> Man I hope someone can help, I'm really lost here.  I think I'll try to
> add perl as a script just to see if I can get it to work.

Hmm... have you checked your system's environment variables? This
error message sounds like maybe "PATHEXT" needs to be set to include
".PY" (to make Python scripts executable)... although having no
experience with IIS whatsoever this is only a stab in the dark, and
bursts of sudden pigeons might still be lurking.

--
Christopher