%1 is not a valid Win32 application?

Mark Space mark_space44 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:35:47 EDT 2003

Hi all, I followed some simple instructions to add python scrips to IIS
as a cgi.  The instructions were here:

http://www.e-coli.net/pyiis.html

Unfortunately, when I try to run a test script, I get this message
displayed on my browser window:

%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

That's it!  No 500 error, nothing else.  I'm not sure what is generating
this message so I'm asking various groups here what might be the issue.

I'm totally at a loss how to move forward.  Anyone know?  I'll even take
vague suggestions at this point. ;)

Is this error message comming from IIS or is it possibly python?  Note
my python instal seems to work ok (runs from command line just fine,
etc.)  The test app I'm using (named test.cgi) right now is in a
directory that's already been linked to an IIS virtual directory, from
which I can run ASP scripts just fine.  Permissions and ownership should
all be the same.  (The permissions on the virtual directory from IIS are
Scrips and Executeables). The test script is here, should you care:

print "Content-type: text/html\n"
print "<h3>Hello World!</h3>"
print "<p>"
print "Well this is just a basic test, mkay?"
print "If this had been a real test there would have been lots more
here, mkay?"