python-list unsubscribe wackery?

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Fri Oct 17 13:28:06 EDT 2003

Dave Brueck wrote:

>The other day I stopped receiving emails from python-list (although python-dev
>kept going just fine). This morning I decided to investigate and the Mailman
>page for python-list had my address disabled due to too many bounced mails,
>even though (1) the mail server here hasn't suffered any network outages or
>downtime lately and (2) python-dev emails continued to arrive without
>problems.

Second! I don't receive python-dev, but all my other mailinglists
continued just fine when python marked me as undeliverable. The funny
thing though was that I almost immediately replied to the confirmation
eMail which was sent (and which came through, although mailman said that
I was bouncing), and the confirmation ID that was stated in there seemed
to be invalid (at least mailman wouldn't process my request).

Anybody who administers the mail-servers at python.org wanting to have a
look at these two mails, ask me directly and I'll forward both of them
to you.

Heiko.